Monday, October 4, 2010

The starless black night !

The poem below has nothing to do with me, I watched something today and it was related to submissive women and women who have to undergo a lot in their life ! 

I was so touched by their condition that I couldn't help but let these thoughts evade me and thought of writing an article but ended up with a poem. Don't know whether I'm doing justice or not, hopefully I am.

The starless black night !


Sleep is a thing of past,
As love and longing has quelled my heart,
I was in distress and my soul squeaked,
For once please set me free.

Slowly days turn into night,
Yet euphoria is hard to find,
And my soul languishes in love,
Murmuring, just one more time.
 
Searching from door to door,
I realize I’m trapped inside,
Where factual is also a façade,
As life has turned into a haze.

I try to set myself free,
But end up molding myself to thee,
As quiescence and innocence is no longer there,
And sham has made its place there.

Starring at the seamless black sky,
Escapes nothing but a sigh,
And tears roll down my cheek,
As I realize I have a long journey to complete.

-Fatima

3 comments:

  1. what words....adding to the beauty of the already fine piece of poetry..
    "I try to set myself free,
    But end up molding myself to thee,
    As quiescence and innocence is no longer there,
    And sham has made its place there."
    superb !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey fatima..... remember me from IF???

    its lovely dear....
    write more soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ rafaa and rohan: thnx a lot !

    @ aru: thank u so much for appreciating it ! Glad you liked it :)

    @ deepika: how can I forget you dear :)
    thnx a lot for your lovely comment !

    ReplyDelete

Do drop in your views...Comments as well as Criticism is welcome !

Catch up with me at lyraa.starry@gmail.com

Thank You !!