Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Stopover: Book Review



The moment I leafed through this book I was reminded of a quote from the movie Alice in Wonderland.

“I’m sorry, but how can one possibly pay attention to a book with no pictures in it?” –Alice.

This is what set's the book apart, the natural photography that is weaved intricately with the plot as the story progresses. Four different stories from different parts of the country entwined into one unfold "The Stopover."

The Tibetan Wheels of Wisdom is not just the story of Varun and Meghna but Varun's exploration of Tibet and the life of people residing there. When you move past the first couple of pages, you feel you’re being transported to an alternate universe exploring the unexplored culture hidden deep within the plains and valleys of Tibet.


The photographs used are picture perfect and add a glint to the story, more like refreshing it and not keeping it monotonous which at times happens when travel merges with emotions. This book to me is categorized as a travel book with a twist and I'm in love with the concept.

When I reached the end, I wanted to read more and I felt a pang of incompleteness, all I'm trying to say is that it keeps the reader glued till the very end. And to be very true I like the concept of “Voyages to the unexplored dimensions.”

This is just the initial glimpse of the book. I would have loved to write more, but it would be like spilling the beans even before its release. The author’s have done a remarkable job and I’m confident this book will be a huge success.





For further insights into the book you can visit: http://www.thestopoverbook.com
Also the book has a fan following on Facebook of over 55,000 even before its release: (http://www.facebook.com/TheStopoverBook 

-Fatima

5 comments:

Do drop in your views...Comments as well as Criticism is welcome !

Catch up with me at lyraa.starry@gmail.com

Thank You !!